NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ann K. Eves" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 14:32:35 EDT
I have appreciated all your suggestions about safe ordering in restaurants
for milk-allergic people.
Speaking of traveling, my severely milk-allergic daughter (age 18) is going
on a tour to Italy and the Czech Republic for two weeks this summer. I am
more than a little concerned about how she will eat safely. Does anyone know
anything about the use of milk products in those two countries? She doesn't
speak Italian or Czech and wouldn't know what to ask in restaurants. There
will be adults with the tour that can help her, some of whom do speak Italian
at least. Does anyone know what kinds of food may be taken to another
country? I would appreciate any suggestions from the list.

Thanks in advance.

Ann