NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 12:54:26 -0400
I have found that waiters in good restaurants will either know the contents
of their dishes or will happily go talk to the chef. I've even had some who
will read labels on packaging for prepared foods like dinner rolls.

If going to a social or business event at a hotel/conference centre, ask
the coordinator to get the hotel to prepare a safe meal for you. The hotels
will do this at no extra charge.

If someone invites you to their home, I don't consider it rude to ask them
to make something I can eat. If they are friends, they'll happily do it. If
they are acquaintances, they shouldn't mind. And if they don't care, maybe
you shouldn't attend <g>.

Don