GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 04:46:47 PDT
Gambia-L:

As you may have noticed, I do have many sources in the Gambia. So, one of
them has sent me the e-mail which is reproduced further below, after I had
sent the story on the expiration of Omar Njie's contract, from another
source.

Ebrima Ceesay

PS: Pa Samba Jow, always great to hear from you and let the struggle
continue from you end!!

Sister Ndey Jobarteh: We are all anxiously awaiting your TOP 10 list.
Anyway, we appreciated the update you sent while you were in the Gambia.

Hello Ebrima,

It is true that Omar Yusupha Njie's contract is not being renewed at this
moment, as you said in your last posting, quoting another of your sources in
the Gambia. But who knows? The Secretary General may just get a call from
the two-tongued monster in Kanilai, in the next minute or two, or the call
may go straight to Sulayman Masanneh Ceesay and there you have it.."a
contract for Omar Njie".

By the way, sacked Permanent Secretary Badara Joof was said to be reluctant
to go back, if offered or reinstated. Some of us in the Civil Service are
now ready to take a stance against this brutal regime.

After all, some of us have our professional integrity, or what's left of it,
to salvage.

You will be seeing more taking the stance taken by Bolong Sonko when he was
offered the job of a Western Division Commissioner, and simply say THANKS,
BUT NO THANKS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. The Civil Service, once the pride of the
continent, is now the biggest joke there is.