GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 23:23:07 GMT
Mr. Jeng,

It's good to know that the Gambia L is popular among ordinary Gambians -
though I'm not sure if the forum isn't a little over-rated. However, you've
spent too much time in your piece worrying about the G-L's perception among
the pro-Jammeh group. Seriously Fr. Mose, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT from the Jammeh
camp? This is a govt. of a very sick breed of Gambians. Forget the L. Let's
take a look at GRTS and Radio Gambia. What are Gambians getting from those
two public media? An incessant, and sickening blizzard of lies about
everything -that's what! They're complaining about Gambia L because this is
one forum that they the Yaya Jammeh govt cannot control. So, they're
bitching and whining about anti-Jammeh bias. But let me tell you something
Mose, if Gambians were allowed the opportunity to express their opinions
freely on GRTS and Radio Gambia, what you'll hear will make the G-L look
like "pick-chu nbo-do." No joke! Pa Dacosta isn't the only straight-shooter
back home. Gambians are just sick and tired of being sick and tired (to
paraphrase Fannie Lou Hamer's famous quote.) We've had enough of these
criminals, and their lies!

On this respect issue, Mose, "respect" is something you earn -THRU' YOUR
BEHAVIOR! How can anybody with decency respect someone who shamelessly lies
for a crook, tyrant, and murderer like Yaya Jammeh? People like Tombong,
Essay Sey and your boy Malafy get taken to task because of the type of
hare-brained and blatantly false stories they try to peddle on this forum on
behalf of this criminal govt. See, there are worse people than Yaya Jammeh.
I'm talking about the type who have some little education, and should know
better than let themselves be prostituted by an ignorant boffoon like Yaya
Jammeh: Essa Sey, Tombong Saidy, Mafy Jarju, Therese Ndong, "that woman,"
John P Bojang, etc, etc.

Take your boy Malafy for instance. This guy lives in this great USA. He has
the same freedom as natural-born citizens of this nation. Why? Because the
constitution of this country -irrespective of whatever flaws it may have,
guarantees all residents "the right to LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF
HAPPINESS!" And generally that rule is upheld by the populace of this
nation. If Malafy Jarju gets beaten by cops in Atl, not only Gambians -but
literally millions of Americans will rise up to condemn the violation of his
civil liberties. Yet, this guy cheerfully and consistently supports a tyrant
whose stock-in-trade is to visit terror on Gambians of all shades. If you
ask him to return to Gambia and work for this govt he dearly supports, he'll
refuse. Somehow, the Gambia is not good enough for him, but it's good enough
for those who're trapped there! This is not someone who is just a hypocrite,
but someone who is a deviant! Where is the conscience? How in the world can
you respect someone like that? It's one thing to have differing opinions,
it's quite another thing to sit by while a shameless hypocrite glorifies the
non-existent "achievements" of a ruthless despot. Just because Yaya Jammeh
has "delivered" the "jantu-no-rie" from a pit in one's mind, doesn't mean
that the rest of our nation should be placed under indefinite seige. I can
understand why people like him feel they MUST support this man 'cause of
what he's done to their self-esteem, but at some point, basic human decency
should prevail! Clearly, that's not the case here.

Maybe, the madness of this govt hasn't touched you personally yet. If it
does, you'll understand why it's impossible for some of us to sit by and let
these Yaya Jammeh lackeys turn this forum into another propaganda medium
where their lies to the world about Gambian reality go unchallenged. Maybe
the fact that ordinary Gambians are looking to the L for unadulterated truth
should tell you something. If govt-controlled PUBLIC media were to allow the
Gambian public (the true owners) un-censored access, this forum might be
reduced to a chit-chat medium. But until then, some of us are ready to take
on ANYBODY who dares peddle Yaya Jammeh's lies on this forum! And the
respect you get will be directly proportional to the respect you bring
along: If you come on this forum and insult people's intelligence by
attempting to pull a Dictator Yaya Jammeh (idiotic and self-contradictory
lies) on us, you'll be one very sorry fool. Like I said before, that type of
behavior belongs elsewhere. If they can engage people in truth, that's fine.
It's what we're asking. Anything else will be a non-starter! So, just for
the record, nothing has changed on this List since I've been here. Will a
honest pro-Jammeh member step forward please? Next!

Saul

Ps. Mose, I didn't mean to get so fired up, but these anti-Jammeh nonsense
really gets to me. After eleven hours here, I need to get home. No hard
feelings or anything personal -just need to  set this straight!

Saul.