GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 22:03:40 -0400
Jabou/Members,

Thanks as always for your concerns/takes on the above issue.  I am of the
view that instead of scurrying the meagre time out of the List Managers to
trap the perpetrators of this despicable behaviour on the L or elsewhere.
My reasoning being, it is very difficult if not impossible to totally block
these crimes and criminals from carrying out their clandestine activities.
There are always possible ways to go around the checks and balances
available in this sophisticated technological world.  So what next?  The
application of decency and self-censor.

Alternatively, we as subscribers to the list must behave like civilize
people as we all seems to think we are and own up to what we say or write
and desist from impersonating other people for the wrong reasons which may
have a negative spill over effect on the rating of The Gambia-L as a
cyber-organization.

Conversely, the least the impersonators should do is to hedge their bets if
they are not man enough to own up to what they write.

Let The Gambia-L be.

obsilla.

For justice and fairplay!