BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 08:48:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/2000 3:54:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I dare say, perhaps it is because many of the knotheads serve "at the
 pleasure" of the local chief knothead politician.  Sometimes it seems that
 it's more about WHO ya know, not WHAT ya know. >>

Johnette,

In this particular case, the knotheads aren't political appointees.

They seek each other out for purposes of reproduction (board, not sexual),
fund raising/contributing ability (another reason I'm out of place) and
horticultural interest.

There was an early board meeting I attended where they were talking about the
type of functions for which  the premises could be rented, and they said that
although a wedding would be OK, a bar mitzvah reception wouldn't.  I asked
whether they didn't mean that this was a matter of whether or not alcohol was
served (not served at a wedding ceremony, but potentially served at a bar
mitzvah reception) rather than Hebrews Need Not Apply; turned out that, of
course that's what they meant, thank you very much.

In any case, I got on because my friend the former Board
member>President>Patroness of the Arts was up on Histo Presto as well as
landscape stuff.

Ralph