"Alan(A.J.) Haas" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:28:54 -0400
I baught a new system in parts.  Everything new.  I have hooked everything
up except a hard drive but I can't even get a beep from the bios.  The parts are:

Asus Mother Board: P3C2000
Celeron 500 on PPG to slot 1 adaptor with auto detect voltage
4M AGP card (not sure of brand.
mid tower case with 250 W. power supply
128M SDRAM

I notice that checking the 5 volts, without processer installed, it reads 5V.
With processer installed it is 4.91V.  Is this too much of a change?  I have
pulled out Ram, video card, and CPU, all one at a time and all together.
Shouldn't I get a beep even if the cpu is bad?
Thanks in advance

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org