From:
John Hajinlian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 14:44:37 -0400
You might have a dead CMOS battery and your BIOS settings got lost.

Try replacing the battery. While you have the PC's cover off, take a look at
the model # of your hard drive and see it the Cylinder/Head/SPT info is on
it. You'll probably need the C/H/SPT info to re-enter into the BIOS setup.
If those numbers don't appear on the drive's label, go to the manufacturer's
site and use the model number to search for the info you need.

Make sure you set the other necessary info in the BIOS setup . . . time,
floppy drive info, etc.

Good luck.

- John
www.hajinlian.net