From:
"Jacobs, Laurie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:44:32 -0000
B&Q plc
Registered Office: Portswood House, 1 Hampshire Corporate Park,
Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YX

Registered in England Number 973387

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential information. Unless stated to the contrary, any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message
from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you for your co-operation.

Hi Alan,

The method I would use is :
if  exist  c:\windows\temp  echo  y|del  c:\windows\temp >nul
I like this because
It's a one liner
The system doesn't stop booting (waiting for you to press Y)
You can't deltree the temp directory by accident

The "echo y"  supplies the answer to the "Are you sure (Y/N)?" question
The ">nul" is only necessary  to stop the "Are you sure (Y/N)?" message
being displayed.

Note : That's a pipe (Shift and the key to the left of Z) between "echo y"
and "del c:\"

If you just want to delete tmp files then
if  exist  c:\windows\temp  del  c:\windows\temp
will do it just fine for you

HTH
Regards
        Laurie

BTW
Isn't this really a question for the PCSOFT list ?