From:
Sami Garzon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:52:12 +0200
Hello all.

Once again I have problems. This time, the problems are not specific or
directioned. (That's the problem -- I don't know where the problem is :) ).

Before continuing with the story, my system's information:
        Pentium 166 MMX;
        First HD 10.2Gg;
        Secnd HD  2.5Gg;
        AmiBios from 95;
        48Mb of EDO-RAM;
        2 modems 33.600;
        SB 16 SoundCard;

The Story:
        Once upon a time two weeks ago, my computer didn't turned on. It
didn't even get to the BIOS or make any 'beep' sound. The fans worked and
the light on the front panel and in the HDD were on. Because the computer
didn't even entry POST, I thought the problem must be electrical (from the
energy supply) -- and I fixed one by one all of the power connections. It
still didn't worked (and without computer I couldn't write for advice
<g>), so I opened the Power Supply and looked in the wires to see if
someone was broken or not in place. It looked everything OK, so I blew
the dust, closed the P/S and turned it (the computer) on. To my surprise,
the computer worked fine. I'm not sure if the problem was really the P/S,
 if it was some coincidence or even if it was a miracle -- but as it
worked I didn't thought about it any more.

        One week ago, the computer presented the same symptoms. I
performed the same steps, but get no response -- the computer is still not
working. I've already dissassembled all the computer and assembled it
again, and nothing happens.

        I know all this is very supperficial and that it will be very
difficult to say anything only based in this info. Anyway, I hope somebody
will have any idea of whats not ok and of what should I do.

        Thanking you in advance;
                Sami Garzon :)

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>