Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:15:13 -0800
From: John Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2000 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Disk access error

> Basically, it's telling you the hard drive doesn't have an operating
system on it.
> If this is a second drive you just added, double check the jumpers.  Make
sure your
> old c drive is set to master, and this new one to slave.  If it's the only
drive, and
> you've verified it's master, and you know it had an operating system on it
from
> another system, your problem may be that the 486 BIOS can't recognize the
whole
> drive.  The fix for that is a BIOS update if the system board can be
flashed.  If it
> can't be, use a utility like Disk Manager.  DM loads a driver that lets
you overcome
> the BIOS to see the whole drive.
>
> Doug & Sharon White wrote:
>
> >         I have a strange problem.  I have an old 486-100.  I was
changing out the
> > hard drives in it and when I went to reboot I got this error message:
> >
> >         "Invalid system disk. Remove disk and press any key to
continue."

The above statement is correct. However, I believe your problem is simply
that you have to mark your C:\ drive as the
active partition in Fdisk and then perform a sys C: command from Dos.

Barry A.Clark (MCP) 3 down /3 to go!

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions