From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 06:05:52 -0400
Ray Audette wrote:
>Careful JC, you might have to quit your day job to fill orders.  If I post
>this message on my website or paleodiet.com, you'll be swamped in a week!

J-C Catry
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>i am making pemmican ....
>
>I made a mistake this post was intended to be sent privately,
>sorry i don't have pemmican available now,  it is reserved . later in the
>summer i might have more  or in the fall for sure.
>Because of the low amount
>of fats in grass fed animals i am limited in what i can produce. I can make
>more jerky than i can make pemmican.
>jean-claude

May I suggest that anyone considers to eat a nut instead of pemmican?
I has the about the same amount of fat and protein as pemmican,
is directly made by nature,
has nice polyinsaturated fats and vitamin e and b,
and is available in plenty amounts.

In addition, a nut is 100% paleo, because it some grow in africa, also
in a savanne also millions of years back, and primates, equipped with a
stone and a brain are capable to open the shell.
Whereas pemmican is a little processed food.
Nice as a travel-equipment for hunters.
But - as Jean-Claude writes- because of the very low fat of wild animals
only available in very small amounts.

paleolithic greetings

Amadeus S.