Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 15:47:49 -0600
At 12:56 PM 05/26/2000 -0400, Alice wrote in response to Mary's question:

>Botulism injections have been used to relax (or in other words paralyze) the
>muscles in the face in selected areas to decrease the appearance of wrinkles.
> The effect is temporary and has to be redone periodically.

I understand botox might be used for tension headaches in the future.

I occasionally transcribe tapes for a local children's hospital and "botox"
injections are used for some kids who have cerebral palsy and other aflictions
that cause muscle tension. After the muscles relax and are worked with, the
kids can sit comfortably/properly in their wheel chairs and move about better
if they are able to move at all [from what I hear, frankly some kids aren't
much more lively than vegetables... and when they are lively, it's not the
kind
of lively one would willingly chose to live with :( ]. The injections wear off
eventually and they are sometimes repeated.

Debby