From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 10:33:41 -0700
On Sat, 20 May 2000 14:30:09 +1000, Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'll be looking for the science that can explain how
>natural Omega-6 oils can make us "more vulnerable to heart
>disease, cancer, obesity, autoimmmune diseases,..." (from
>the Book Description at Amazon), but frankly I don't
>expect to be impressed. Aboriginal tribesmen who eat a
>high meat diet don't seem to suffer from those things, and
>I'm not sure that their Omega-3 intake is all that high.

(1) When you reply to the Paleofood Digest, please change the Subject from:

  " Re: [P-F] PALEOFOOD Digest - ... " etc.

to the Subject of the MESSAGE you are replying to.  Some of us only have time to
read some of the subjects, and so by not specifying the subject, the chances are
that we won't read your message (in this case, I read it mostly by accident).

(2) It is not that natural Omega-6 oils in themselves cause "more vulnerable to
heart disease, cancer, obesity, autoimmmune diseases,...", it is that the
BALANCE of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids causes these things.   This is touched
on in the Udo Erasmus book, but only covered in depth in "The Anti-Aging Zone"
by Barry Sears, PhD.   Basically, it has to do with hormones, and how they
affect processes like clotting, immune response, etc.

--
Cheers,

Ken