From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 13:28:48 -0400
On Sat, 20 May 2000, David Lewandowski wrote:

>         I compete in powerlifting of which the bench press is one of the lifts
> that we preform. In spite of this I would be the first to admit that the
> bench press is a great destroyer of shoulder joints when done incorrectly.
> I did this myself for many years and know that there are much better ways
> of developing your upper body than the bench, namely dips, overhead
> presses, and incline presses.

I work out with Cybex machines, lately attempting the superslow
protocol.  I try to stick to the "big movement" machines,
avoiding the isolation machines.  This gives me overhead press,
bench press, incline press, lat pull (I prefer parallel grip),
rowing, and squat.  I don't bother with the machines for the
biceps, triceps, leg extension, crunch, or pullover.  Maybe I
should skip the bench press and maybe throw in the pullover.
Typically, by the time I finish all this I have nothing left for
dips.

Todd Moody