NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 21:21:31 -0500
>Hi, I'm pretty new to this list, and I hope someone can help me with this
>inquiry.  My 18 month old son, Dallin, is allergic to milk, eggs, and
>peanuts.    It seems like if he seems fine there should be
>no problem, but I think to myself that if his skin breaks out from
>contact, what is it doing to the inside of him?!  Any ideas or
>suggestions?

Our son was born very allergic to milk also--with hives on his skin just
from contact, not to mention the vomiting, etc. if ingested.  Even though
for some reason butter baked into things has never produced any outward
reaction we have always felt it better to totally avoid giving him anything
with dairy in it because I have always felt that inside it causes behavior
changes and other not very positive effects.  He is now 8 years old and we
find that a small amount of milk cooked into things (this seemed to be ok
around age 4) has no outward reaction, so if we are out I let him have
things at birthday parties, etc. just so he can be like everyone.  But
still at age 8 we have no dairy in the house for him.

It really is a pain to cook everything special but I do feel it better
until a child's system is more developed.

You are always welcome to ask me question privately.

Rachele Shaw