CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 15:38:17 +1200
> alister air wrote:
> You'll note I've not bothered commenting on your pointless
> attempts at insult.  You're not worth my time.

AA - it's not personal... it's the Libs version of the old 1-2, insult the
intellect, then insult the person, and it's absolutely standard form.

Mumps:
> You failed to provide anything which counters the reality to which I have
> been pointing.

Gee, I've seen lots. But seriously, M, you must realise that useful dialogue
is impossible unless the meaning that terms are to convey is understood and
accepted by all parties. You, to my reading, are not using the terms in the
usual way, but in the particular way of the Libertarian. Nothing wrong with
that, of course, but if everybody was wised up to the fact you were speaking
in a special language, if you, in fact, made this clear from the outset,
then maybe there would be an opportunity to learn something. As it is,
rather than enriching our world, we've only learned that you're
ill-mannered.

Cheers

bruce sandford
Hamilton 2001