C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jill Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:10:18 -0400
Hello all,

My name is Jill.  I was on the C-Palsy list awhile back and took a break to work on a few projects.  I have re-joined in hopes that some of you listers can help out by offering your thoughts and info on my current project.

I am working on getting a non-profit home health care program going and am encountering a bit of an obstacle in recruiting professionals to serve families of children with disabilities in their homes in the Metro-DC area.  Most of the families served live on military installations in the DC area. I am not looking for volunteers; I am looking for OTs, PTs, and STs, and will pay them to come work in this program.  The work is not full time yet, but as the program grows, it definately could be.  At this point those that come on board will work as contracters.

If anyone knows of any way to recruit staff other than the traditional classified ads, or has any great ideas that could work, please let me know.  Also,if anyone has a list of upcoming events where I might reach therapists, that would be a great help.

If the list is in opposition to this discussion list-wide, please e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Jill Jacobs