C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:04:24 EDT
Thanks Elaine and everyone.  I just spoke with the Hospice Nurse and it does
appear to her that Mom is close to dying now.  Her breathing is sporadic and
a bit labored; I noticed that last night.

She went off in a little world of her own last night and thought she was
holding a DAR meeting.  "Ladies!" she said.  "LADIES!  Are we going to start
the meeting now?  Where is the guest speaker?  Oh no, the guest speaker is
late.  We can't begin without her."  I looked at my two friends, Jodi and
Ann, who were also there, and Jodi said. "Uh...we thought this was just going
to be a planning meeting."  "NO!" my Mom said. "This is THE meeting!"  (Mom's
last meeting, I guess)

Admittedly, I thought the situation was a little humorous, and I was glad
that my Mother was taking charge, even though it was in her own little world.
 I just knew that Mom would find a way to drag me to one last DAR meeting.

I will be spending the nights at Hospice from this point.  I really would
like to be with my Mom when she dies to be honest.

Trisha and Amber are going to stop by to see her this afternoon, and I'm very
glad.  Mom has such a special place in her heart for Amber.  I know that she
loves her and since I didn't have children, I'm glad that my friend's child
has brought "grandmother feelings" to my Mom's heart.

Thanks Miss Amber.  I love you and I know Mom does too.  And thank you
Trisha, for giving my Mom a chance to see you both again.