C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 01:25:11 EDT
I will admit that since the store where I worked was accommodating this way,
I have come to expect this level of service from other merchants.  I did use
one restroom that was not wheelchair accessible and I didn't have my crutches
(it's an either/or thing).  One of the employees came back with me and let me
lean on her to get to the bathroom.  She was totally wonderful and I can't
help but remember her kindness.  She waited for me until I finished and had
to come in to help me get out -- there was a fair walk back to my chair.

It can be hard to spare an employee from the sales floor for that length of
time.  I really appreciated what she did.  Her manager was the one who
directed her to help me, but I could tell that she really wanted to help.