C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:50:47 EDT
To Nancy and others:
There have been several articles in Exceptional Parent in the past few months
related to augmentative communication and related issues.  I found them very
helpful.  I think one of the most important things we can do for our kids is
help them communicate, even if it is just being able to answer yes/no
questions somehow.

We are struggling to figure out how to make the Dynavox work for our son (5
1/2, quad CP, able to say a few words and point to choices)--my problem is in
figuring out how to program it to be most useful and accessible for him so he
can finally show the world what is inside him, so if anyone has suggestions or
resources, I would welcome them.

Claire