C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:40:35 -0400
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, thought I would say hi - just joined today and am glad to see this
is a talkative bunch.  I am 'newly diagnosed', I suppose you would say, and I
have a few questions, that are probably dumb ones!  I am nearly 40 years old
(will be in June), and was born in 1960 with spina bifida.  I was never told I
had CP at all - my doctor yesterday wrote it on the sheet of paper I needed to
get my handicapped tags (placard) for our cars at home and I looked on internet,
and I saw somewhere that CP is frequently associated with some spinal problems -
I do not think it mentioned SB by name.  Are there any on here that are spina
bifida??  Is it prevalent amongst SB people to "get" CP or maybe be born with
it, and it not be diagnosed?

As to your 'speech' postings - I seem to have a problem, but I am not sure if
it's CP related - I speak "clearly" do not slur anything, but - when I go to
speak, sometimes my mouth wants to work faster than my brain, and I tend to
"ramble" or "stammer"........ is that a problem related to CP (or is that just

Thanks, and nice meeting you.
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans