C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:02:50 EDT
I apologize for not keeping up with C-PALSY posts lately.  My Mom started
chemotherapy Monday.  I'm trying to work out a schedule so that I can be as
supportive of her as possible without coming apart physically and
psychologically myself.  I actually got off the list for a few days but I
missed you too much and had to come back.  I find that I do not enjoy life
without all of you in it.

This is such an excellent story Dave -- I'm glad you posted it.  To answer
your question about whether the kids are out of the room, I believe they are.
 If I am correct though, we do have a couple of teenagers on the list.

I'm sure that they have the usual teenage concerns about sex, plus they may
have concerns about sex and disability.  I'm sure we can be supportive of
them, and discuss this subject in a prudent way that we hope would meet with
their parents approval.  As a matter of fact, this can be a golden
opportunity for them to have a safe environment to learn what adults with
disabilities think about sex.

There was a very nice lady who was the base librarian at Bolling AFB for many
years.  She kept all the "adult content" books on closed shelves in her
office, so children who came in the library by themselves wouldn't have
access to them.  There was one child however, who had access to the entire
library, including the closed shelves: The base librarian's daughter.

Betty (The base librarian's daughter)

In a message dated 04/19/2000 8:55:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,