Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:26:08 +0300
I have a dry UPS, that came with a program called Failsafe III for power
management (so that if the power shortage is long, the PC will make a
safe shut down). I also got a serial cable for this purpose, they told me
that this is a specific cable for such UPS's.
Without installing the program, I can use the UPS for about 10 minutes
until it beeps rapidly telling me that it is about to become empty.
If however, I set the cable and install Failsafe, no matter how do I set it,
once a power shortage occur, the PC will immediately shut down, as if
there is no UPS.
I can no longer contact the people who sold me this UPS+program.
(I have FS III v. 3.7. There is an upgrade in www.powerware.com to
FS III v.4, but in the release notes, there is a list of bugs that were fixed,
none of them is relevant to my case, there is no support there).

My first guess is that by mistake I have the wrong serial cable. Is there
any standard for it, so I can check with an ohm-meter if the cable meets
the standard?

Are there any other simple things to check?

thanks,
Uzi
http://members.iol.co.il/uzip/

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions