Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 18:46:22 -0700
> When Windows loads , I get the error message: cannot find MCKRNL32.dll.
Since  KNRL32 is windows I'm afraid something serious may be wrong but my
computer is functioning fine when I close out the error message. What is
MCKNRL32.dll since it is not on the Windows 98SE install disc?

A quick search on the web shows MCKRNL32.DLL to be a virus shield file from
McAffee virus scan software.

First easy answer:   Re-install McAffee w/ default settings.

Second answer (more difficult, yet the only way if 1st is impossible):

Run "regedit.exe" and ask it to do a search for mckrnl32.dll.   For every
instance (key value) of this file delete it...   proceed normally with
caution; however, it seems clear that your system is without the file
anyway.

Next, run sysedit.exe and follow the same procedure in the WIN.INI and
SYSTEM.INI files.

Be careful in these areas to ONLY delete the lines where MCKRNL32.DLL are
located.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html