Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:13:54 -0500
At 3/3/00 06:31 PM -0800, Walter R. Worth wrote:

>  SpeedConnect  Internet Accelerator, is an optimizer for modem and
>LAN/Cable Internet connections, which will speed up your Internet connection
>by optimizing Windows default TCP/IP settings (generally inefficient), the
>cache and ports settings. It features various optimization modes and special
>support for different network adapters (including AOL). SpeedConnect
>Internet Accelerator is a         powerful, easy-to-use program for Windows
>95 and 98 which boosts your Internet connection speed by up to 200%. It is
>compatible with all modems and high-speed LAN/Cable connections. More info
>can be obtained from here, http://speedconnect.hypermart.net/products.htm.
>I can't verify their claims of 200% but it does work.

Has anyone used one of these type programs on a laptop where sometimes a
LAN connection is used and other times a dial up connection is used?

I tried one on my IBM ThinkPad and it totally screwed up my LAN
connection.  I ran it while in the dialup mode, but when I tried to use my
Ethernet connection, a typically 5 second download from our server took
over a minute, consistently.  I finally found a program that would let me
reset the TCPIP settings back to windows default and my LAN connection
speed rose *dramatically* (back to 5 second downloads).  I would like to
"tweak" my Dialup connection speed but don't want to screw up my LAN
settings either.

By the way, does anyone know of a Win 95 program that displays (possibly in
systray) LAN activity?  I could use either the "flashing" send and receive
display as is displayed by the dialup connection, or a numerical bytes
sent/received as is displayed with the connection "Status" window.  On a
LAN I like to know if I am actually sending or receiving data.

TIA

Doug

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html