Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:21:47 -0500
At 10:48 PM 2/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
>If I want each OS in a separate partition, I assume I can only have a
>maximum 3 OSs on 1 drive, where Linux will take a second partition for
>the swap space? Or is there a way to have more OSs? Can Partition Magic
>configure more than 1 primary (and active) partition?

Linux, Windows 2000, and BeOS (a new-comer that many have not heard of
yet), can all be installed in an extended partition on logical drives.  It
is tricky however, and not for the faint of heart.  Make sure you have a
good, current backup of everything else on the drive before proceeding.

Partition Magic, as well as the hard drive itself, can have up to three
Primary partitions and one Extended partition.  I am currently running five
different operating systems (Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Caldera Open
Linux 2.3, BeOS 4.5 and an old copy of Windows 95A) all on the same hard
drive.  I also have two other versions of Linux installed on secondary and
tertiary hard drives (all IDE).  Boot Magic (comes with Partition Magic)
allows to boot in to whichever I prefer at any time.

If you would like more details please feel free to write to me
directly.  Someday I may create a web page with all these instructions as
many people ask the same questions.

Eric

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org