Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Joe Byrnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:09:48 -0500
Well, this did not work out exactly as I was expecting.
When I went back to COMPUSA, they only had high-density PNY SDRAM.
Even though someone else found PNY worked for them, and I had that
part number, COMPUSA's PNY memory under that part number was all
high density.

Here's what worked for me:

Crucial Technology
Item number: CT4M64S4d10
SKU: CT134305
www.crucial.com
I bought it on their website (which gives you a 10 percent
discount) and paid $41.39 + $5 shipping + sales tax.
They are a division of Micron.

Technically the PNY memory modules meet
the specifications by COMPAQ, but they just don't work.
The difference between the memory modules is that the
Crucial memory is arranged differently. It uses sixteen 2MB
chips (8 per side), while the PNY memory used just four
8MB chips all on one side.

There may be other manufacturers memory modules that work.
I think that the "density" of the memory is the critical factor.
- "density" being the number of memory chips that are used to
make up the 32MB's on the module.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions