Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bradley Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 02:27:32 -0500
I recently put together a system with a friend of mine out of spare parts. It is an older computer for his mom to use for basic internet and other basic functions. It is a 486dx2 66Mhz w/64mb ram 1.2G hard drive. We had a copy of win 98 for his computer we thought we would put on it so we could have a nice easy to use o/s. The computer went though most of the set up process fine. Until the end where it stop reading the cd-rom drive. It was looking for different files that we found on the win 98 disk on another computer and put them on a foppy disk and loaded them when asked for them. And now windows starts fine, runs fine and shuts down fine. In fact i am using it now writing this. the only thing is i can not get it to read the cd-rom. We had the driver and tried loading that and now the driver is on the hard drive and it loads when win is started but when you select the drive nothing happens. Sometimes the whole system locks up and other times it just says "error reading drive d:" HELP! we have been working on this system for weeks now and need help to move on to something else.

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>