Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 08:03:35 CDT
>This "insulin builds muscles" thing doesn't make much sense to me, so I am
>going
>to research it further.   I smell a situation similar to "saturated fat",
>ie one
>poorly designed study becoming "inerrant truth" by being eagerly grasped
>upon by
>a whole slew of professionals who need something on which to base the
>recommendations they are being paid to give.  I'll look into it (if anyone
>has
>references for the original studies, please e-mail me).

I don't know of any studies that prove that insulin builds muscle, but
consider this: upper-level bodybuilders have always been ahead of scientists
as far as what promotes the best anabolism.  In the 70s, when the experts
were saying steroids didn't work, Arnold and Mentzer were popping about 30mg
Dbol per day.  In the late 80s and early 90s, when the medical experts
finally began to acknowledge the muscle building abilitiy of steroids, top
bodybuilders had already moved on and added high doses of GH into their drug
regimens.  And now, there has been another size increase in the last 2-3 of
pro bodybuilding due to massive use of insulin and interleuken-15.

It's hard to find a study that proves, one way or another, that insulin does
or does not build muscle.  Many of these studies involve unmotivated
trainees anyway.  But, when you take a bunch of bodybuilders (I'm talking
about the freeeeks, not the naturals) and their lives revolve 100% around
getting muscular, this group will always find out what
methods/chemicals/drugs that build the most muscle b/c they are completely
obsessed with achieving a certain physique.

In the scientific/medical community, the low carb diet for fat loss has just
now started to gain popularity.  Bodybuilders were using low carb diets for
fat loss as far back as the 60s.

xx Justin xx