Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:32:09 -0700
At 12:48 PM 03/21/2000 -0500, Lois wrote:

[snip]

>Perhaps if you tried reading a little book called "The Story
>of B" by Daniel Quinn you might better understand the point
>so many folks here are trying to make.  No one's trying to
>trash our species; that would be self-defeating.

And, of course, wrong, because the problem is not the species or even
"humanity" its.... outlined very well in the book ;) I'm fascinated how the
interest in the Paleo WOE coincides with so much in Quinn's books.

Also, I hope all who could see it watched Discovery Channel's "Raising the
Mammoth" about the recovery of an intact +20,000 year old woolly mammoth body
in Siberia (see also discovery.com). One segment showed humans feasting on a
mammoth they had brought down with spears and it pointed out that one such
killing could feed many for months. From what the show said in various
segments, it seemed to me that more mammoths died of natural causes and
carelessness than by human hands.

Debby
in rainy/snowy/windy
i.e., winter at last!