CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 10:08:10 +1200
7bit
From:
Issodhos:
>    As you can see, if we apply what you hoped to be obfuscation
> (multiple/serial killings) we have an increase in the total number of
> murderers.  If we subtract the high end (4%) of 462,720 victims
> to compensate
> for multiple killings by a single killer we are left with 444,211
> which when
> divided by the 499 executed murderers still leaves .001 percent.
> Murder/suicide is statistically rare, and few murderers are ever "gunned
> down."  In short it does nothing to the statistic.

Precisely my point, Komrade.

>     Those murderers who die in prison (where else should they die?) or are
> incarcerated in insane asylums is irrelevant to the apparent difficulty
one
> has in getting executed in the US -- or perhaps it simply clarifies that
> difficulty.  "Insideous propaganda -- new term for reality?:-)

Hell no... it's way old. Anyway, my only question would be why those who are
murdered by the State should be particularly differentiated from those
murdered by others? It's all murder to me.

> Sleep tight.:-)

What, with people like you on the streets?? ;-)

Regards