C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Joanne Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:22:34 -0400
I was mainstreamed after Kindegarten, and I don't regret it one bit. I
participated in plenty of afterschool activities, I wrote for out Literary
Magazine, I was involved with our Weekend of Caring, I was in the Student
Action Movement, etc, etc. I was out of resource room by the time I was in
Junior High, but I still had an IEP so my teacchers worked with me if I
needed a little extra something.

I'm glad I wasn't grouped in with other disabled students as a kid, it
helped me realize I can do a lot of things that other "regular" kids can
do... I did other stuff as a disabled individual, eventhough I was
mainstreamed I played wheelchair basketball, I participated in the New York
State Games for the Physically Challenged, I went to the Easter Seals
summer camp...

For some of us CPers there's a balance, and you need to know how to
maintain one...

my 2 cents,
Joanne