BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM\"" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:11:03 -0400
You know this is "nearby third world" because: (1) there was no redundancy
in the system (other than a string and several tin cans), thus the "third
world" and (2) because a replacement amplifier could be ordered and lost on
a truck in the course of a day, thus nearby. Of course, if the whole world
wasn't obsessed with believing the fiction of advertisements -- and hence
prone to adopt the technology most forcefully sold (i.e., MS Windows, etc.)
-- we could all have Iridium satellite phones. And, wouldn't have to worry
about microwave towers, hiding cell towers with plastic conifer branches,
and so on. But, we would need to worry more about meddling aliens and their
propensity to throw things at bits of technology circling the earth. Ken,
don't you know something about this....

Sign me, if I were a Cuban here without papers I would be (according to the
local newscasters):

Alien Elian (pron. alien alien)