From:
Aisha Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:30:07 -0400

I am a diagnosed celiac since age 12; am now almost 28.  My sister was
diagnosed with celiac last summer at age 19.  Currently, my 24 year old
brother (who has never been tested for celiac) has been experiencing pain
in his bowels; it's usually worse after eating.  He saw a doctor and the dr
said he felt a mass in or near the colon.  He had a CAT scan done, but all
that did was let them know it's not a solid mass; however, they won't say
it's a tumor and won't rule it out.  He has an appt with a GI dr next
Tuesday.

I am wondering if anyone who has been diagnosed with celiac has ever
experienced something similar prior to diagnosis.  Due to this experience
and to family history, my brother will probably request celiac testing
now.  Prior to diagnosis, my sister and I had symptoms, but not anything as
dramatic as this.  My brother's wife has also noticed that my brother seems
to be either constipated or have diarrhea, which I know can be an
indication of celiac.

If anyone has had a similar experience, or knows of someone who has, please
email me privately.  I would appreciate any information I can pass along to
my brother and his wife.   Thanks very much!

Aisha Fish