From:
Lauren Sarantou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 08:25:52 +0900

In my excitement to share my recipe with you I perhaps didn't write
enough detail and received many questions.  Here's my answers:

Q: Don't you have to cook the wrappers?  Are they soggy after being soaked in
water?

A: You can deep fry them if you want to, but I like them raw the way
they are eaten in Vietnam. They're much more refreshing that way.
Whilst the wrappers are a little delicate after soaking they are far
from soggy.

For people who need to gain weight frying them would be a good idea.
In that case I'd use shredded cabbage instead of lettuce. You'd have
to lower them into the oil on an egg flip or something as they're
likely to fall apart if you just drop them in.

Q: Do you know if there is a way
to crips them besides deep frying them?  Such as putting them in the oven
whilst sprayed with oil or something?