From:
Diane Donald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 16:58:37 -0400

WOW!  I sure received a ton of responses and all encouraging.  I apologize
that it has taken me so long to get back with the summary....I'm working on
getting a database on-line with INS for our internationals.  Anything to do
with the Federal Government is time consuming. Then there have been a 100+
other things including my daughter being diagnosed with CD!

My initial post concerned my first disaster at ordering on-line and
receiving mostly crumbs.  I was desperately seeking advice from those that
had success at ordering breads, rolls, mixes, etc.  Because of all of your
package and I will definitely be trying others.  I already received a
positive response from Kinnikinnick, with a guarantee that I will be satisfied!

I have not heard from Schicks, although I emailed them the same message I
sent to the group. I will try copy this message to them and if they don't
respond, I will deny payment on my credit card.  I DO understand that they
may have very good products but not be knowledgeable about shipping.  The
comments about Schicks varied, so make up your own mind.  The overwhelming
response was that "no one wants to order from anyone unless they stand by
their products and services!"

Comments re: Schicks:

1.  order(ed) several items and they came fine

2.  ..called Schicks to place an order and was told to call back the next
day.  I did so and the person I talked to said the same thing about baking
gf  once a month if enough people were interested.  However he was too busy
to take an order from me at that time.  I am not sure how he will get
enough people to justify baking once a month especially for us if he can't
find the time to take an order when he is baking gf anyway.

3.  ..ordered from them at about the same time that you did and, although I
did notice that the items were not packed all that well, they arrived in
fine condition (but I live in New Jersey). (This person also said they were
good.)

4.  ..ordered from Schick's (twice now). My cakes arrived intact

5.  ..had a similar problem ordering a carrot cake from the much lauded Mr.
Ritts bakery.  Though, I must admit, I didn't mind the crumbs a bit since I
was just eating it myself

6.  ..live about 45 minutes from bakery...was not thrilled with
cookies...won't have anything mailed.

Yes votes for other on line vendors & products:

Kinnikinnick             22  (great bagel, donuts, pizza crust, buns)
Gluten Free Pantry       11  (Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix is good)
Ener-g                    7  (Tapioca Bread, Pretzels)
Miss Robens               5  (great mixes)
DeRoMa                    3  (pizza crust, corn bread)
Dietary Specialties       3  (tasty)
Gluten Solutions          3  (chebe is good, good service)
Foods by George           3  (pizza crust, hamburger buns, muffins)
Gillians                  2  (rolls, buns)
Glutino.com               2  (baguettes French bread, corn bread)
Gluten Free Mall          1
Gluten Free Trading       1
Gluten Free Cookie Jar    1
Gluten Free Delights      1  (rolls, buns)
Menu Direct               1  (pizza)
Cause You're Special      1  (pizza crust mix)
Chebe.com                 1
Nelson David              1