From:
Joel Elias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 20:23:53 -0400

Well, I just got back from a trip to the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage
Festival and wanted to share my experiences with USAir's food service.

On the first leg of the trip, my GF snack was on their list, but could
not be found. I was able to eat the raisins from their regular snack
and, at my request received a $7.50 voucher for airport food. On the
second leg, I received a box labeled "GFML" which contained of all
things a minuscule turkey sandwich that looked very much like the
sandwiches everyone else was eating. My fears were confirmed when I saw
the passenger in the next seat had the identical snack labeled as a "Low
Salt Meal". Another voucher.

In each case, I was able to reach into my carry bag for the GF snacks
that I had brought along since I long ago learned that most airlines
(and their caterers) cannot be trusted. I will write a letter to the
President of USAir tomorrow to ask him to investigate this because - as
we all know - misrepresenting food as gluten free can have very serious
consequences.
Joel Elias
Pittsford, NY