Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 10:19:23 -0500
From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

I tried an angel food cake mix last week and found that it did not raise
at all in the pan.  I made it according to the instructions on the
package -- I think it called for eight egg whites beaten stiff and then
fold in the cake mix after sifting which I did.  I had a little trouble
mixing it together, but used a spoon and tried to be gentle.  I then
pored it into the angel food cake pan and baked it according to
instructions.  It turned out about 3-4 inches thick and kind of grainy.
It tasted good, but I was not happy with it not raising at all.  Does
anyone have any ideas of what I might have done wrong?  Or has anyone
else used the mix and gotten the same result?  Is it supposed to be this
way?

I know that alot of the GF baked items do not raise like normal ones
made with all purpose flour.  This was my first attempt with a cake
since the GF diet, so I am not sure if it is me or what.  I have made
brownies and pies which turned out very well, so I was kind of
surprised.

Thank you to all of my listmates out there.  You have been an invaluable
source of information.  Happy eating!

Barbara in Illinois