From:
Elizabeth Margareta Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:58:30 -0400

Dear Folks,
I am the person with CD, and despite a gf diet my gut is still not
working great - you've all been very helpful with suggestions on this and
supportive.  Thank you.  However, right now, the only thing fashionable
about me is my weight, and that's more fashionable than healthy.  I'm
also tracking food intake, trying to figure out what causing the
remaining problems.

I also have an eight year old daughter - a bright, strong-willed
perfectionist, and compulsive tendencies are on both sides of the family.
 Although now she is a naturally slender devotee of desserts, eating
disorders are rampant now and I can't help worrying that she will take my
current weight and behavior as a role model rather than an attempt to
cope with physical illness.  Yet I don't want to emphasize  my health
problems - an eight year old has a right to expect mom to at least
pretend to be healthy.  How did other mothers of daughters, young
children, manage this?

Elizabeth