From:
Reuben Bonerath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:43:31 -0400

Be it hypoglycemia or hyper-insulinemia, my blood sugar seems to swing in
the lower range. I experience, thirst, hunger that is only satiated by
carbohydrates, frequent urination at night, headaches, anxiety, shakiness,
and fatigue. During a visit by my wife's uncle who is diabetic, I used his
blood sugar meter to read my blood sugar levels and and at the time they
were in the mid 80s (what ever that means). Early on, after the symptoms
first appeared, my doctor ran a simple blood test to check for diabetes.
Back then, 15 to 20 minutes after eating a chocolate bar, I would become
very tense and my hands would tremble. Talk about a stimulant. It was not a
very nice experience. Therefore, needless to say, besides gluten I avoid
refined sugar in all its forms. I was wondering if this is common, and if
there is any correlation with celiac disease.

 It seems that hyper-insulinemia is related in some way to hypertension and
heart disease. I wonder if that may be related to my extremely high
cholesterol levels. I am probably just fishing, trying to make it all fit
together.

Thanks for any info