From:
Sue Jeno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:54:29 -0700

Listserve members,

While attending the American Physical Therapy Annual Scientific meeting
this past week in Indianapolis, I inquired of one of the manufactures of
the gluten status of the gel used in their self-sticking electrodes.  They
were extremely helpful, checked with their research department and the
Material Safety Data Sheet for the products used and assured me that the
gel used in the electrodes was totally gluten free.

I share this information with you all in the event that you have need of
Physical Therapy services which will require the use of electrotherapy for
pain relief or muscle re-education.  The company I checked with is Med-Fit
systems and your therapist can order products from this company to utilize
during therapy sessions.  I did not check with other manufactures at the
time of the conference due to time constraints, but if you have questions
about products used in Physical Therapy, ask your therapist to check it out
or let me know and I will attempt to find the answers.  The representatives
at Med-Fit were extremely helpful and very willing to share this
information with me.  I thanked them for this on behalf of all those with
sensitivities!

I realize that Physical Therapy services are utilized by only a small
segment of the population, but I wanted to assure you that gluten free
products are available in this area of rehabilitation in case the need
arises.

Sue Jeno, PhD, PT
Grand Forks, ND