From:
Jane Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:06:27 -0400

Thanks so much for all of your recommendations on restaurants and
health food stores in the Boston area.  I forgot to mention that my
daughter and I are both gf and cf (I belong to the gfcf kids list also
and so frequently forget that this list is only gf.)  We were in
Boston (Watertown, actually) for my daughter's alumni reunion at the
Perkins School for the Blind, but we have family who are now living in
Boston and so will be visiting again.

We ended up at a Chinese restaurant, Bernardo's (sp?) at the "new"
Chestnut Hill mall in Newton, where they cooked everything for me
without soy sauce. The food was wonderful, in fact, we enjoyed it so much
we went back a second time.

Here is the summary of responses that I received:

Restaurants:

--several people recommended MASA on Tremont Street

-- Truc at 560 Tremont Street

-- vegetarian restaurants in general
 ----in particular:
-- Five Seasons in Brookline
-- Centre Street Cafe in Jamaica Plain

-- Thai restaurants in general
---- in particular
-- Brown Rice near symphony hall

Also Legal Seafoods

Skipjacks in Brookline and Needham

Bon Marche in the shopping mall near the Marriott and Westin Hotels

Outback Restaurant
TGI Friday's
Rainforest Cafe in the Burlington Mall

Health food stores, etc:

Wild Oats in Andover
Bread & Circus - Copley Square and Cambridge
Trader Joes (no location mentionned)

Star Market on Morrissey Blvd.

Good Health Natural Foods, 1627 Hancock Street, Quincy (and the
(Hanover store has an even larger selection)

one person mentioned that there is a bakery that bakes GF every
other week, but didn't mention the name of it.

Also Breadsmith in Newton often has fresh baked gluten free bread
and muffins.

Thanks again to all of you.  Some of the information came too late for
this trip but I am saving all of it for the next one!

Jane