From:
Niko Antalffy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:13:31 +1100

Hi all,

OK, I take all the corrections. Arnott's cookies have been around for
quite a while I just haven't noticed (time for new glasses?).

I was told that maltose and maltodextrin can be fine as long as they are
not made from wheat. Well, I had reactions to several things with these
ingredients and as far as I know in Australia they don't have to come
from corn, ergo they are probably often from wheat. Just tip-toeing
alright?

The Soy Feast corn fritter packet did say it was gluten free but how can
I be sure that they don't think that starches and sugars derived from
wheat are OK? As I'm experiencing a lot of IBS troubles and inflammation
in my sacro-iliac bones on top of my thyroid I'm not about to experiment
on myself.

After sampling all these new arrivals I still think that the best gf
cookies are the Lupin cookies made by Bodhi Bakehouse. They contain a
flour base of rice, chick-pea, faba bean, arrowroot and almond flour
with pecans, flax seed, evening primrose oil, sesame, vanilla and the
usual raising and gummy agents. If that much goodness doesn't beat the
blues then nothing will - chemically speaking!

Niko