VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:44:52 -0500
The entire orientation to the Bank One talking atm's is available at the
url below.  This orientation plays in a continuous loop to help new users
gain a basic understanding and familiarity with the machine.  The
orientation stops when the end user inserts the atm card.  We welcome and
even desire your feedback.  A relatively small group of people have
developed this and the Bank of America orientation after which this
orientation was modeled and refined further.  Additional use and feedback
by a wide group of blind end users will likely help us create a truly
great solution that will respond to everyone's needs and issues.  We will
be working with this and other banks to improve scripts and will be
incorporating feedback into the suggestions and recommendations that we
offer the banks.

The audio appeared on the web site of the Columbus Dispatch along with a
photo of a talking atm.  Our appreciation is extended to Gerald Tebben
 [log in to unmask] Gerald is the editor of the online version of the
Columbus Dispatch who went to the effort of not just taking a camera but a
tape recorder to the bank to provide a meaningful experience of what the
atm is all about for all.

Just select the url:

http://www.dispatch.com/news/bus01/apr01/674569.html

and select the link titled listen to a sample of the talking atm.  The
audio should come right out of your computer speakers, if your system is
working normally.  The site uses Windows Media Player, which is part of
the operating system on all Windows 98/Me machines.  So nearly everyone
will have what is needed to listen to the audio orientation.

kelly