VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:48:22 -0800
    Hello, Mouseketeers!

It's almost here!  Guide Dog Days at Disneyland begins the day after
tomorrow!  I know many of you are quite anxious and busy, trying to get all
those last minute details taken care of, before you venture out to the
airport for that exciting flight down to Southern California.

There are so many people coming from so many places, that it hasn't been
possible to keep track of everyone.  So we are suggesting that, for those
who want to meet up with the rest of us, we have a common place and time to
do so.

To provide us all with the opportunity to meet up with everyone else, on
Saturday and Sunday mornings,we will all meet in front of the main Street
USA Train Station, just inside the main entrance to Disneyland, at the foot
of Main Street USA, at 10 o'clock in the morning.

There are two sets of steps that lead up to the Train Station.  We will be
meeting between those two sets of steps, at street level, on both Saturday
and Sunday mornings, at 10:00 AM.

Also, at 4:30 PM, on Saturday afternoon only, we will be having dinner at
the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.  There is no admission charge to
the Downtown Disney District, so all those who may not wish to join us
inside Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure, are most welcome to
meet up with and join us for dinner at this time.

This weekend is an excellent opportunity for everyone who has a Guide Dog
to meet  with other Guide Dog Handlers, and enjoy swapping "tails" about
our dogs.

We are also inviting all Puppy Raisers everywhere to join us this weekend
as well.  We have so much we'd like to talk to you about and tell you, and
I'm sure you have a lot of questions you'd like to ask us, too!

And for anyone who may be considering the possibility of getting a Guide
Dog any time in the future, or even knows anyone who may be considering
getting a Guide Dog of their own, this is an exceptional opportunity to
come and see actual Guide Dogs at work, as well as those puppies who are
aspiring to become real Guide Dogs themselves.

So come along and sing a song and join our Jamboree.  M-I-C, K-E-Y,
M-O-U-S-E!  :)

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the various List Owners
for allowing us to post these messages to their lists.   And a special
thank you to all the list members for putting up with these somewhat
off-topic messages.

As you can appreciate, we are trying to reach as many blind and
visually-impaired people as we possibly can for this special event, and we
have only been able to do so through your patience and outstanding
cooperation.  Thank you so very, very  much!

I would ask just one more favor of all of you.  Please take a moment to
forward this message to any other Guide Dog or Blindness-Related lists to
which you may belong, to ensure that as many interested people as possible
will be able to read about this event, and join us so they, too,  can
experience this exceptional occasion!

Again, my sincere thanks to all of you, and I hope to see you there!

-- George and Mickey (Is he REALLY a Guide Mouse?)

What:        Guide Dog Days at Disneyland (Anaheim, California).
Place:        Disneyland Railroad Main Street USA Train Station.
When:        Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3.
Time:        Saturday and Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM.