VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:37:03 -0600
This was posted to the window eyes announce list.  Clarence mentions that
gw monitors their window-eyes mailing list, so if you have any questions,
either subscribe to that specific list or write to him directly.  This is
an announcement about a new public window eyes beta.
Subject: Window-Eyes Professional beta 2 is here!!

Introducing Window-Eyes Professional 4.2 Beta 2!
GW Micro is pleased to announce the next public beta of Window-Eyes
Professional
4.2.  We appreciate your patience and believe you will find that the wait
was worthwhile.  To download Beta 2, go to:
http://www.gwmicro.com/beta

Thanks to your valuable input, we have made many significant changes to
beta 2.  It
is very important that you read through the information presented on the
beta webpage
to familiarize yourself with the new changes.  We have added support for
several new
Braille displays, fixed the shutdown issues you reported, cleaned up the
load before
startup issues, enhanced MSAA and much more.  Again, it is very important
that you
read the complete readme file to see the changes and improvements--they are
much
too numerous to mention here.

You will notice that there are three versions of Window-Eyes 4.2 that can
be downloaded.
They are listed below:
1. Window-Eyes Professional 4.2 Beta 2 - Full Install.  This installation
is for those
who never installed beta 1.  If you already have beta 1 installed, please
see the
next option.

2. Window-Eyes Professional 4.2 Beta 2 - Upgrade Install.  This
installation is for
those who already have beta 1 installed.  If you do not have beta 1
installed, please
see the previous option.

3. Window-Eyes Standard 4.2 Beta 2 - This installation is for those using
Windows
95, 98, or Me.  If you are running Windows 2000 or Windows XP, please see
either option
1 or option 2 above.

Please feel free to post your compliments/questions/problems/praises to our
GW-Info
list, e-mail [log in to unmask], or call us at our new number listed at
the end
of this message.  We look forward to hearing what you have to say. Be
assured that
we will be monitoring the list to answer your questions.  It is very
important to
know that this public beta, like public beta 1, is a fully functioning
version of
Window-Eyes Professional.
We would like to thank each of you for your input in this process; without
you, Window-Eyes
Professional would just be another screen reader. But with your help,
Window-Eyes
continues to be the most "rock solid" and dependable screen reader
available.  We
are not looking for feature changes at this time, but do want you to put
this beta
through its paces and report any problems to us.   Window-Eyes is your
screen reader,
and we know that you will agree this beta is extremely fast, reliable and
performs
as we advertise.

As of January 15, 2002 our area code has changed to 260.  Our new phone
number is:
260-489-3671.

Clarence Whaley
Director Of Sales And Marketing