VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amy Ruell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Ruell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 21:35:05 -0400
         Hello VIBUG List,
Here I am on this raw and rainy Wednesday!!! What happened to the summer
weather we were just experiencing yesterday?  Hope we get more favorable
weather for our upcoming meeting.
Speaking of Saturday, May 13, here are just a few reminders.  Please
remember that, unless otherwise indicated, our meetings are always on the
second Saturday of every month.  I was distressed to learn last Saturday
from Diane Croft that someone showed up for our May meeting last
week.  Also, please remember to review and be prepared to vote on the
proposed bylaws change which you should have received by this date.  There
was some delay in getting the notices out to the print and Braille list
notice recipients.  If they have not had sufficient time to review the
proposed change, we may need to postpone the vote until June, but I hope
that this will not be necessary.  Today I received the Braille Note from
HumanWare.  I will need to carve out some time to quickly learn some of its
features, which I will demonstrate at our meeting.  If nothing else, I will
be able to comment on the steepness of the learning curve!!!  Also, at
11:00 A.M., I will be conducting the next class in using IE with JFW for
novice users.
Please remember to join with other VIBUG users on our 8:00 P.M. Thursday
evening chat on the VIBUG home page, http://www.vibug.org.  While you are
on the home page, also be sure to check out Tim's Goldwave demo from last
month.
I have my new computer up and running and am hoping that I have
successfully transferred most of the VIBUG files.  If you are having
difficulty or are not receiving the e-mail, please let me know.  Also,
please send requests for meeting and/or class tapes to Tim Cumings via
e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by calling (617) 731-5998.  Members get
three free tapes free per year and non-members pay only $5 per tape.  Be
sure to send in your dues for the 2000 calendar year to Jim Roberts, 20 Mt.
Vernon St., Boston.  Finally, please send in your recipes for the VIBUG
cookbook to Pauline and Ginny at [log in to unmask]
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.   See you on
Saturday!!!

Amy Ruell, VIBUG President