From:
Jorge Matta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:55:11 -0400
I just upgraded my CPU and motherboard and am having problems playing DVDs now.My old system was: Intel AL440LX motherboard, PII 333 chip, 192mb RAM. New system is: ASUS P3V4X motherboard, PIII 667EB chip, 192mb RAM. Video card is AGP-ATI Rage Pro 4mb video RAM. Operating System is Windows 98. The DVD player is a Creative PC-DVD 6X drive connected to Creative's DXR-3 hardware decoder (as in previous system)and software drivers for the drive and card installed properly w/no conflicts.
   My Issue: The DVD drive has no problems playing CD Roms or video on software programs, and sound is working fine. When I try to play a DVD movie, the software loads..play begins but is extremely distorted as is the sound, and eventually the program locks up and I have to kill the application. All connections are exactly the same as in my older PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and installed updated drivers for the DXR-3 card. This has not helped at all. The decoder card is in a bus-mastered slot.
   Any ideas on this topic? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org