From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:33:02 -0700
> I have somehow changed settings so that I get no sound, only an
> incompatibility message.  Could anyone tell me where to look at the
> settings and what they should be?  Off list is fine unless someone has
> a similar problem!

   Yet, one more thing to try...  once this happened to me.   Windows starts
and there are sounds.   But wait, run Real Audio/Jukebox and Windows'
reports device in use any time I try to run a sound later on.

I uninstalled Real Audio/Jukebox and then reinstalled it while carefully
checking the defaults this time.   In the end, it wasn't completely Real
Audio's fault, it was an incompatibility with another program that was the
default handler of audio.

hope this helps.

gary r. tennesen

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: